Outstanding Research Award
The Outstanding Research Award honors a faculty member for outstanding performance in research, scholarly activity, or creative endeavor.
The Outstanding Research Award recipient must be a tenured full-time faculty member at Purdue University Fort Wayne. There are no restrictions on the number of applications or nominations from any college, school, or department.
The award recipient will receive $2,500 and be honored at an on-campus reception following a presentation to the campus community.
Please see the Call for Nominations [PDF] for detailed information. Be sure to include the required cover sheet [PDF] with your nomination. Please submit your completed nomination as a single PDF file to the Office of Sponsored Programs at email@example.com.
Nominations are due October 1, 2019.
Director of Sponsored Programs
Outstanding Research Award Recipients
- 2018–19: Dong Chen, Professor of Civil Engineering
- 2017–18: Bruce Kingsbury, Professor of Biology
- 2016–17: Zhuming Bi, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- 2015–16: Peter Dragnev, Professor of Mathematics
- 2014: Steven Stevenson, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- 2013: Abdullah Eroglu, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
- 2012: Richard Sutter, Professor of Anthropology
- 2011: Bernd Fischer, Professor of History
- 2010: William DeMott, Professor of Biology
- 2009: George Kalamaras, Professor of English
- 2008: Anson Shupe, Professor of Sociology
- 2007: James M. Lutz, Professor of Political Science
- 2006: Peter Hamburger, Professor of Mathematics
- 2005: Clark Butler, Professor of Philosophy
- 2004: David A. Dilts, Professor of Economics
- 2003: William E. Cooper Jr., Professor of Biology
- 2002: James O. Farlow Jr., Professor of Geology
- 2001: Alan R. Sandstrom, Professor of Anthropology
- 2000: Mary Helen Thuente, Professor of English
- 1999: Lowell W. Beineke, Jack S. Schrey Professor of Mathematical Sciences