Outstanding Research Award
The Outstanding Research Award honors a faculty member for outstanding performance in research, scholarly activity, or creative endeavor.
Cochran Receives Outstanding Research Award
David Cochran, professor of systems engineering, has been chosen to receive the Purdue Fort Wayne 2019–20 Outstanding Research Award.
Cochran’s primary area of expertise includes research and education in Collective System Design. He is also the director of the Center of Excellence in Systems Engineering.
The Outstanding Research Award honors a tenured, full-time faculty member for outstanding performance in the area of research, scholarly activity, or creative endeavor. The honoree must have achieved an exceptional record of contributions to the body of knowledge or creative works in his or her discipline(s). The faculty member must also have had great success communicating the results of his or her work to a wide audience. The award is sponsored by the Office of Academic Affairs.
The Outstanding Research Award recipient must be a tenured full-time faculty member at Purdue University Fort Wayne. There are no restrictions on the number of applications or nominations from any college, school, or department.
The award recipient will receive $2,500 and be honored at an on-campus reception following a presentation to the campus community.
Please see the Call for Nominations [PDF] for detailed information. Be sure to include the required cover sheet [PDF] with your nomination. Please submit your completed nomination as a single PDF file to the Office of Sponsored Programs at email@example.com.
Nominations are due October 1, 2019.
Director of Sponsored Programs
Outstanding Research Award Recipients
- 2019–20: David Cochran, Professor of Systems Engineering
- 2018–19: Dong Chen, Professor of Civil Engineering
- 2017–18: Bruce Kingsbury, Professor of Biology
- 2016–17: Zhuming Bi, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- 2015–16: Peter Dragnev, Professor of Mathematics
- 2014: Steven Stevenson, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- 2013: Abdullah Eroglu, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
- 2012: Richard Sutter, Professor of Anthropology
- 2011: Bernd Fischer, Professor of History
- 2010: William DeMott, Professor of Biology
- 2009: George Kalamaras, Professor of English
- 2008: Anson Shupe, Professor of Sociology
- 2007: James M. Lutz, Professor of Political Science
- 2006: Peter Hamburger, Professor of Mathematics
- 2005: Clark Butler, Professor of Philosophy
- 2004: David A. Dilts, Professor of Economics
- 2003: William E. Cooper Jr., Professor of Biology
- 2002: James O. Farlow Jr., Professor of Geology
- 2001: Alan R. Sandstrom, Professor of Anthropology
- 2000: Mary Helen Thuente, Professor of English
- 1999: Lowell W. Beineke, Jack S. Schrey Professor of Mathematical Sciences