Your mastodon adventure awaits
Welcome to the Herd.
Congratulations! You’ve proven that you have what it takes to be a Mastodon. Now, take a look at the next-steps checklist to start the process to make it official.
Begin preparing for your PFW experience.
Save your spot.
Make your acceptance to Purdue University Fort Wayne official by accessing your admitted student portal and completing the Reply to Offer of Admission Form.
Activate your student account and email address.
To activate your account, visit the Account Management Service page and follow the instructions.
Pay your deposit.
Once you accept your offer and create your student account, your next step is to pay your nonrefundable enrollment deposit. You can do so by following these steps:
- Go to go.pfw.edu and log in. If this is your first time logging in to goPFW, click the First-time Users button.
- Once you log in to your goPFW account, select the Billing and Financial Aid tab on the top navigation bar.
- Click the big yellow “$” for the Bursar.
- Select “Deposits” at the top navigation bar.
- In the Select a Deposit drop-down menu, select your admit term.
- Pay your $50.
Note: In order to be eligible for consideration for the Purdue Fort Wayne Scholarship, you must submit your deposit by June 1.
Sign up for orientation.
Starting on March 1, 2024, new students admitted for the 2024 fall and summer terms will be able to register for New Student Orientation (NSO) once they have completed two essential steps: responding to their admission offer and paying the enrollment deposit. If NSO is the next step in your admissions journey, you’ll find a registration link in your admitted student portal.
Your New Student Orientation experience will include the following:
- Advising: Get one-on-one time with your advisor to discuss your academic interests and major.
- Registration: You, with your advisor’s assistance, will register for classes, setting your schedule for your first semester at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Campus tours: We want to ease your nerves and make sure that you are prepared for your first day, which is why we provide time during New Student Orientation for you to familiarize yourself with campus and to meet new people.
Check out student housing.
Living on campus is a great way to immerse yourself in the Mastodon community. See all the amenities and floor plans that student housing offers. If you’re planning to live on campus, you can begin the paperwork process by applying for student housing after you’ve submitted your enrollment deposit.
File your FAFSA and explore financial aid options.
Determining how to pay for school—by filing your FAFSA and applying for scholarships—is a big part of being accepted into college. Money awarded from the grants, scholarships, or loans can help cover tuition or other expenses that come with university life.
To qualify for state financial aid programs, complete your FAFSA by your state’s deadline. See the FAFSA website for all deadlines.
After filing your FAFSA and other financial aid paperwork, we strongly recommend that you check your official Purdue Fort Wayne email and goPFW account regularly for updates.
Complete any necessary placement tests.
Depending on your major, previous test scores, or transfer credit, you may need to complete one or more placement tests. These tests help us get a better idea of which classes you’re ready for in math, English, or a world language. Information about placement tests can be found in your application portal and will be emailed to you once you have paid your enrollment deposit and replied to your offer of admission.
If you have any problems accessing placement tests or have questions regarding placement tests, please contact us at [email protected].
Submit your immunization record.
All incoming students are required to be in compliance with Indiana state laws related to immunizations.
Review the steps below to learn where and how to submit proof of immunization (please note, immunization records should not be submitted to the university directly):
- Visit Med+Proctor and log in with your campus username and password.
- Complete the required personal information, download the immunization certificate, and follow the directions provided.
- Upload a copy of your immunization forms to your Med+Proctor account. Make sure that your forms are complete and legible. If you are uploading your own copy of your immunizations instead of the forms provided by Med+Proctor, please be sure that it has your medical provider’s office stamp and signature. Once the immunization forms are received, you will be sent an email confirmation.
All immunization documentation must be in English. Med+Proctor is unable to translate documents. For those who are able to provide immunization records satisfying all requirements, your status will be updated and the hold on your account lifted. No further action is required.
See our Medical Information page for more details.
Submit your final high school transcripts.
One of the last pieces of your acceptance to Purdue Fort Wayne is submitting your final high school transcripts. Your high school must provide these transcripts, and they are only available after you graduate.
You have the following options to provide Purdue Fort Wayne with your official transcript:
- Digital credential service: Parchment
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Office of Admissions, 2101 East Coliseum Boulevard, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805
The final deadline for transcript submissions is August 1.
Your new-Mastodon timeline.
Find financial, housing, and transcript deadlines to keep you on track before the semester begins.
|Student Housing Application & Contract Open||November 15|
|Student Housing Selection Opens||TBD|
|New Student Orientation Selection Opens||March 1|
|Indiana State FAFSA Deadline||April 15|
|Purdue Fort Wayne Scholarship Deposit Deadline||June 1|
|Final High School Transcripts Submission Deadline||August 1|
|First Day of Fall 2024 Semester||August 19|
|Student Housing Application & Contract Opens||October 1|
|New Student Orientation Selection Opens||October 1|
|Indiana State FAFSA Deadline||April 15|
|Purdue Fort Wayne Scholarship Deposit Deadline||December 1|
|First Day of Spring 2024 Semester||January 8|