Helping Our Students
You are an important part of the Student Research Symposium as you guide and mentor our students in presenting their research. Students will look up to your experience and expertise for guidance in their journey of creating their own content and abstracts for this professional event.
During your time as a mentor you will be asked to:
- Work with the student to create effective, clear, and concise poster content and abstract
- Review the student’s work for clarity, grammar, and concise language before submission
- Attend preparation workshops
- Work with the student to expedite changes if the poster/abstract is returned with edits or suggestions
- Attend the annual Symposium and support your mentee
Support Resources For Students
Students have the opportunity to find funding for research with support from their college, school, department, internal, and external funding.
These resources may help you throughout the mentorship process:
- Professional skills and problem solving: the undergraduate research movement
- The Undergraduate Experience: Focusing Institutions on What Matters Most
Program Administration Specialist
Office of Sponsored Programs
University Research and Innovation