What is a Mastodon ID Card?
It is your official identification for the Purdue Fort Wayne campus. If you belong to one of the following groups, you are eligible to get your Mastodon ID card:
- Fitness Center Membership Holders
- Community Members (who wish to use library services)
Depending on which of the above category you fall into, your Mastodon ID card can be used for the following campus services:
- Don Dollars spending
- Building and room access
- Library services
- Campus event entry
- Recreational sports
- Fitness Center entry
- Fort Wayne area discounts
GETTING MY MASTODON ID CARD
To get your Mastodon ID card, you must know your Purdue Fort Wayne ID number and present one official document:
- Driver’s license
- State-issued ID Card
- Learner’s permit
- US military ID card
- High school ID card (with photo) + Birth Certificate or Social Security card
Please bring original documents only, we cannot accept a photo of your documents.
PFW ID Number
Staff, faculty, and students can find their PFW ID number, also referred to as a 900 number, by logging into go.PFW.edu and looking under PFW Personal Information.
REPLACE MY MASTODON ID CARD
If your Mastodon ID card has been lost, stolen, or damaged (including a punctured hole in the card), we can replace it. Please visit the ID Card fees section for more information.
We must verify again your PFW ID number and an official document listed under the Getting My Mastodon ID Card section.
You can deactivate a lost or stolen Mastodon ID card on the eAccounts website.
ID CARD RULES
Every person who received a Mastodon ID card must be aware of the following:
- As your official University ID, you should carry your Mastodon ID card at all times and present it upon request to assist in identification of the cardholder.
- The Mastodon ID card is the property of Purdue Fort Wayne, and the policies and procedures of the University govern its use.
- A cardholder may only possess one official Mastodon ID card at a time.
- The card is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued. It is not to be loaned to any other person for use and is subject to confiscation if found in the possession of another person.
- Do NOT mutilate the card, punch holes in it or change any of the information on it. Any of these misuses will result in a charge to replace the card.
- This card is NOT transferable.
- The University is not responsible for any loss or expenses resulting from the loss, theft or misuse of this card.
- If found, please return the card to the Campus Credentials & Transportation Office in Walb Student Union, Room 127.
ID CARD FEES
There is no fee for your first Mastodon ID card.
Below is a list of additional fees associated with the Mastodon ID card.
Initial Mastodon ID card
No charge with return of the previous card
$20 without return of the previous card
$20 if printed 4 years or less
Cash, credit card, and Don Dollars are accepted for the replacement fee.
PFW staff, faculty, and students can easily submit a photo to be used on their Mastodon ID card.
Submitted photos must meet several important requirements. Photos must be:
- In jpg format with a photo size of 2 MB.
- A current, color photo with a neutral-colored, smooth background and proper
- A centered and front-view, full-face image with eyes open and visible
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone.
Note: Do not wear hats, sunglasses, or other items that obscure the face. Photos must NOT contain excessive glare or shadow, other visible people, distracting objects, inappropriate expressions, special effects/filters, or objects near the face.