Your Workplace Success is Important
Human Resources and Office of Institutional Equity is committed to helping our employees be successful. Key to that success is being informed and knowledgeable on the policies, procedures, and benefits that effect you.
All employees are required to complete certain on-line training videos, titled Employment Certifications, to enrich their success at the university. Some certifications are contained within the university’s Human Capital Management (HCM) system, SuccessFactors and support Purdue’s Claims Mitigation Program [PDF], while others reside within Purdue’s Brightspace environment.
Employment Certifications in SuccessFactors
All employees are required to complete the Employment Certification listed below upon hire. These certifications reside within SuccessFactors. While some require annual completion, others are completed on a one-time basis. Annual trainings are designated as such.
- PFW Crisis Response Training (Annual completion required)
- PFW Nondiscrimination and Anti-Harassment Training (Annual completion required)
- PFW Title IX Mandatory Reporter Training (Annual completion required)
One Time Completion
- PFW Americans with Disabilities Act Training
- PFW FMLA and Leaves Training
- PFW Respect Boundaries-Sexual Violence Awareness Training (3 Modules)
- PFW Wage and Hour Training
- PFW COVID-19
Employees can access the above online Employment Certifications by logging into SuccessFactors through the Employee Launchpad.
Employees should then select “Learning” from the SuccessFactors dropdown menu.
Employees will need their Purdue Career Account username and BoilerKey. If you do not have this information, please contact the IT Services Help Desk at 260-481-6030). This Quick Reference Guide [PDF] provides full details on how to through to the trainings.
Trainings in Brightspace
Several system-wide trainings are now housed within the Purdue Brightspace environment. These include trainings such as:
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
To access these trainings, employees should login to Brightspace. When promoted to select the campus, employees should select “Purdue West Lafayette” as the training source.
Your success is important. Please reach out to Dimples Smith, Director of Learning & Development, firstname.lastname@example.org with any training questions. Go Mastodons!