We are proud of how our employees embraced the changing shift in what is needed to get work completed and strived to ensure they responded to the needs of students, the campus community, and the customers they serve. Employee success is important, and we will continue to provide best practice tools, tips and information that support employee achievement and engagement.
To continue the vision forward, the 2020-2021 Goal Plan is now available in SuccessFactors. Employees and supervisor can begin entering, importing, and/or cascading goals for 2020-2021. The process flow for annual evaluations is outlined below.
Annual Performance Evaluations
Purdue University has established that each benefited staff member will receive a written performance evaluation annually. Complete policy details are in the Performance Evaluations for Staff (VI.F.7) Policy. The system-wide evaluation timeframe is May 1 to April 30.
The Annual Performance Evaluation consists of two components: a “Goals” section and a “Unit Competencies” section.
- Goals: Benefitted staff employees in all Career Streams are required to enter individual performance goals. These goals will appear on the annual evaluation. When entering goals, goals should have a cumulative value of 100%.
- Unit Competencies: Each benefitted staff employee will be evaluated against three system-wide competencies: Overall Job Performance, Professional Development, and Culture and Values. Supervisors will be evaluated against one additional competency, titled Supervision.
Several guides are available to assist employees with completing their annual evaluation. Resources for both managers and employees are available and can be accessed by clicking the links below.
- Intro to Self-Assessment for Annual Evaluation [video]
- Comprehensive Guide on Goal Setting and Annual Performance Review for Staff [PDF]
- Intro to Performance Assessment Annual Evaluation (Supervisors) [video]
- Comprehensive Guide on Goal Setting and Annual Performance Review for Supervisors [PDF]
Performance Planning Checklists
The following checklists will help you plan for your evaluation: