RECOGNIZING AND SUPPORTING YOU
Each year, we present awards to Mastodon Alumni Community members and give scholarships to their children or spouse who are enrolled at Purdue Fort Wayne. Learn about these scholarships and awards and how you can earn them.
Continuing the Mastodon Legacy
Mastodon Alumni use the skills and expertise they gained during their time as a student on the Fort Wayne campus every day to improve not only their own quality of life but also the communities in which they live and work. Your diploma opened the door to your future career and success. As an alumnus you can continue this legacy by making a contribution toward the annual Mastodon Alumni Scholarship program. Your donation will ensure that a whole new generation of students benefit from the high quality of education and life-long learning experiences offered here at Purdue Fort Wayne. Several scholarships are offered annually to both full- and part-time students.
Mastodon Alumni Community Scholarship
To be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Be a new or currently enrolled full- or part-time student at Purdue Fort Wayne
- Be in good standing according to university standards
- Be a child, stepchild, or spouse of an IPFW or Purdue Fort Wayne degree-holding alumni
- Submit a 400–500-word essay (double-spaced) answering how will you use your Purdue Fort Wayne education to impact your community. The response should include information on school and community involvement and activities.
- Provide up to two letters of reference. References from are optional on the application but preferably should be written by a teacher, coach, or employer. References should not be from a family member.
- Applicant's sponsor must have either a Purdue University or Indiana University degree from the Fort Wayne campus. Please list the sponsor’s major and degree for your application to be considered for this scholarship.
Scholarship selection will be based on:
- Quality of essay including content, grammar, and structure
- Evidence of involvement in extracurricular school activities
- Evidence of community involvement
The Mastodon Alumni Community Scholarship is offered on an annual basis. The application deadline is June 30, 2020, and award notifications will be sent in August for the 2020–21 academic year.
Alumni scholarships do not renew automatically, and applicants are encouraged to reapply annually.
Nominate an alumnus or friend of the university by nominating them for one of these eight Mastodon Alumni Association awards, which recognize exemplary service to our university or alumni association. These awards are given to alumni each year during homecoming:
- Alumni Citation Award
- Broyles Medal
- Distinguished Service Award
- Honorary Board Member
- Jesse Medal
- Keith E. Busse Distinguished Alumni Award
- Top Volunteer Award
- Young Alumni Award