Guidelines and Expectations
We’re committed to the promotion of equal opportunity and diversity. Here you’ll find the guidelines and expectations that our search committees adhere to when they conduct their recruitment and selection for faculty and librarian positions. Our employment goal is to attract, select, keep, and promote the best candidates for their position. The Office of Academic Affairs supports academic departments by coordinating the hiring processes.
The following forms, templates, and resources are for departments to use in the hiring and recruiting process.
The information is related to general policies we follow when recruiting and hiring:
Adjunct, Affiliate, or Visiting Scholar Letter Templates
Make use of the following templates when sending an adjunct, affiliate, or visiting scholar offer:
- Adjunct Offer Letter Template [DOC]
- Affiliate Offer Letter Template [DOC]
- Visiting Scholar Offer Letter Template [DOC]
Take a look at a general recruitment checklist, forms needed for recruiting new faculty and staff, and advertisement information:
- Faculty and Librarian Recruitment Checklist [PDF]
- Guide to Hiring International Faculty [DOC]
- Required HRE0-1 Recruitment Request [PDF]
- Required Position Web Posting Form [PDF]
- Form 12 Requisition for Advertisement [XLS]
- Sample Advertisement [DOCX]
- Sample Email to Promote Available Position [DOC]
- Applicant Voluntary Self-Identification Qualtrics Form
Keep in mind that advertisements must be preapproved by Human Resources.
Get forms and templates to use during an applicant’s screening process:
- Required EEOR-2b Applicant List [XLS]
- Sample Criteria Evaluation Sheet [DOC]
- Protocol for Reference Calls [DOC]
- Sample Reference Email Female Candidate [DOC]
- Sample Reference Email Male Candidate [DOC]
- Protocol for Candidate Interview Calls [DOC]
Below are forms, checklists, and templates you can use during the interview process:
- EEOR-2a Interview Request [PDF]
- Itinerary Checklist [XLS]
- Sample Itinerary [DOC]
- Guidelines for Reimbursement of Recruitment Expenses [DOC]
- Form 17C Reimburse Candidate Expenses [XLS]
- Purdue Background Check Policy
- Search Committee Interview Protocol Sample [DOC]
- Sample Interview Evaluation Form [DOC]
Human Resources will give background-check paperwork to the candidate during the on-campus interview.
Get forms for hiring new employees and a template for a regret letter:
Once you’ve closed your search, notify Human Resources of the final hire. Human Resources will complete hiring documents, including offer letters.