Who We Are
The Office of Engagement is a business- and community-outreach effort based in northeast Indiana. We are a partnership between three universities—Purdue Fort Wayne, Purdue University, and Indiana University—serving the needs of the northeast Indiana region. We do this by making campus-to-community connections.
Our purpose is to enhance the competitiveness of regional businesses and drive economic, workforce, and community-development initiatives in northeast Indiana, utilizing our university partners by providing direct access to resources in the following areas:
- Research capabilities (sponsored research and grant collaborations, SBIR/STTR, BAA)
- Intellectual property (IU and Purdue licensing opportunities)
- Technical assistance (Purdue Technical Assistance Program, lab facilities, faculty assistance, and student projects)
- Internships, cooperative education, and student hiring
- Workforce-development programs and corporate-training opportunities
- Seminars, outreach, and networking events
Areas from the Purdue Technical Assistance Program, where 40-hours of externally funded (free) technical assistance is available to companies operating in Indiana, to licensing of inventions developed in university labs to faculty research partnerships in SBIR/STTR and other grant programs, custom training, and student-hiring opportunities can be accessed by northeast Indiana companies through this office.