Tinkerers, builders, and experimenters—your curiosity can change the future.
Every new gadget began as an innovative idea, a fleeting curiosity that became a perpetual thought that begged to be brought to life. Big and small. Recreational to life changing. It all starts with that spark of curiosity.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology
If getting to analyze and design all things machine systems gets you excited, you’re in the right place. As a mechanical engineering technology major, you’ll be prepared—with the skills you acquire from the School of Polytechnic—to enter a variety of industries, including automotive, biomedical, defense, aerospace, and robotics.
- The ability to use computers to produce and analyze designs
- Experience with designing, planning, and supervising
- The ability to apply theories and principles of science and math
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Program Educational Objectives
- Prepare graduates with knowledge, problem-solving ability, and hands-on skills to enter careers in analysis, applied design, development, implementation, manufacturing, testing, technical sales, evaluation, or oversight of mechanical systems and processes
Develop a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues with an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
Learn more about student outcomes and graduation and enrollment data here.
- Automotive Engineer
- Consulting Engineer
- Energy Conservation Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Environmental Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Power Plant Manager
- Process Engineer
- Product Designer
- Technical Sales Representative