Tinkerers, builders, and experimenters—your curiosity can change the future.
Every new gadget began as an innovative idea, a fleeting curiosity that became a perpetual thought that begged to be brought to life. Big and small. Recreational to life changing. It all starts with that spark of curiosity.
B.S. in Computer Engineering Technology
Technology is all around us. It’s practically inescapable, and if you love it, why not make a career out of it? By majoring in computer engineering technology, you’ll be prepared for many careers in various areas of computer systems and electronics, such as hardware and software support and design for industrial networking, internet and networking control, instrumentation, and other emerging technical areas. Go on. Embrace that technology you love so much.
- The ability to apply theories and principles of math and science
- Experience with designing, planning, and supervising
- Proficiency in questioning and problem-solving
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Program Educational Objectives
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to function as a member of a technical staff who can use current industrial practices and design procedures for development, implementation, and project management of computer-based software and systems or electrical/electronic(s) hardware and software
- Demonstrate readiness for career advancement, promotion, and mobility
- Demonstrate continuous learning, either on-the-job or in graduate school
- Demonstrate the ability to function as a contributing member of society and the profession
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills and recognize ethical responsibilities
Learn more about student outcomes and graduation and enrollment data here.
- Computer Engineer
- Computer Systems Security Specialist
- Data Communications Analyst
- Enterprise Application Specialist
- Information Integration Specialist
- Mobile and Telecommunications Specialist
- Network and Communication Systems Specialist
- Network Systems Engineer
- Web Application Developer