Tinkerers, builders, and experimenters—your curiosity can change the future.
Every new gadget began as an innovative idea, a fleeting curiosity that became a perpetual thought that begged to be brought to life. Big and small. Recreational to life changing. It all starts with that spark of curiosity.
A.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology
This two-year program will teach you the basic engineering principles needed to create useful products and processes in electrical and electronic systems. Like all our offerings, this program emphasizes
practice-based learning through hands-on laboratory applications using state-of-the-art equipment.
- The ability to apply theories and principles of math and science
- Experience with designing systems, components, and processes for engineering technology problems
- Experience conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Program Educational Objectives
- Demonstrate fundamental and emerging mathematical, scientific, engineering, and technical skills necessary to function as an electrical, electronic, computer, or engineering technician
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and techniques in the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electronic/computer systems
- Demonstrate continuous learning, either on-the-job or in a B.S. degree
- Demonstrate communications skills necessary to function effectively as a member of an engineering team
- Demonstrate an awareness of the social, ethical, and global impact of their work upon the profession and society
Learn more about student outcomes and graduation and enrollment data here.
- Aerospace and Electronic Systems Engineer
- Communications Engineer
- Computer-Controlled Equipment Specialist
- Control Systems Specialist
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Industrial Electronics Specialist
- Medicine or Biology Engineer
- Robots and Automation Engineer