Tinkerers, builders, and experimenters—your curiosity can change the future.
Every new gadget began as an innovative idea, a fleeting curiosity that became a perpetual thought that begged to be brought to life. Big and small. Recreational to life changing. It all starts with that spark of curiosity.
A.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology
This two-year program will teach you the basic engineering principles needed to create useful products and processes in electrical and electronic systems. Like all our offerings, this program emphasizes
practice-based learning through hands-on laboratory applications using state-of-the-art equipment.
- The ability to apply theories and principles of math and science
- Experience with designing systems, components, and processes for engineering technology problems
- Experience conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
Apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline
Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and nontechnical environments; identify and use appropriate technical literature
Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results
Function effectively as a member of a technical team
- Aerospace and Electronic Systems Engineer
- Communications Engineer
- Computer-Controlled Equipment Specialist
- Control Systems Specialist
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Industrial Electronics Specialist
- Medicine or Biology Engineer
- Robots and Automation Engineer