Tinkerers, builders, and experimenters—your curiosity can change the future.
Every new gadget began as an innovative idea, a fleeting curiosity that became a perpetual thought that begged to be brought to life. Big and small. Recreational to life changing. It all starts with that spark of curiosity.
B.S. in Construction Management
Curious to know how skyscrapers are built? Want to understand how buildings have the ability to withstand severe weather? With a major in construction management, you’ll learn the basic engineering standards and skills necessary to plan and construct these types of buildings.
- The ability to apply theories and principles of math and science
- Experience with designing, planning, and supervising
- Proficiency in questioning and problem-solving
- Experience conducting and explaining scientific research
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline
- Formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs
- Develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data, and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty
- Architectural Detailer
- Civil Detailer
- Construction Project Inspector
- Construction Project Manager
- Cost Estimator
- Facility Manager
- Field Supervisor
- Land Surveyor
- Material Testing Technician
- Professional Estimator