Counseling and Graduate Education Programs
Take the step to learn more and teach more.
With a graduate degree in education, you’ll become the master educator that your students need and deserve.
- Immersive field experiences
- The ability to build a network of numerous references
- Support from the entire Mastodon community
- An understanding of students from diverse backgrounds with unique learning styles
- A prestigious Purdue education
The special education program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and nationally recognized as a high-quality program through the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC). Because of these statuses, students who meet specified requirements are eligible for a mild intervention teaching license in the state of Indiana. Indiana holds reciprocal licensing agreements with other states.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
This 18-credit-hour postbaccalaureate certification program will allow the teacher candidate to obtain an exceptional needs (mild intervention) teaching license. Teacher candidates are eligible to complete the coursework if they hold a current teaching license.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Engage in professional learning and practice within ethical standards
- Address students’ individual developmental needs through effective specialized instruction and appropriate environments
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions based on assessment data for social, emotional, and cognitive development of individual students
- Collaborate with families and professionals
- Curriculum Designer
- Educator (informal)
- School Administrator
- School Counselor
- School Librarian