Counseling and Graduate Education Programs
Take the step to learn more and teach more.
With a graduate degree in education, you’ll become the master educator that your students need and deserve.
• Immersive field experiences
• Ability to build a network of numerous references
• Support from the entire Mastodon community
• An understanding of students from diverse backgrounds with
unique learning styles
• A prestigious Purdue degree
The educational leadership program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE), and nationally recognized as a
high-quality program through the National Educational Leadership Preparation (NELP). Because of these statuses, candidates who meet specific requirements are eligible for a Building Level Administrator license in the state of Indiana. Indiana holds reciprocal licensing agreements with other states.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding as a school building leader of how to develop a school-wide culture of achievement aligned to the school’s vision
- Apply knowledge as a school building leader to create a positive school culture and instructional program using effective practices that contribute to the academic success of all learners
- Apply knowledge as a school building leader to leverage organizational, operational, and resource management skills to support school improvement and contribute to the academic success of all learners
- Demonstrate understanding as a school building leader of how to build relationships that ensure all key stakeholders work collaboratively and effectively together, responding to diverse community interests and needs, mobilizing community resources, and cultivating community partners in order to achieve transformative results
- Apply knowledge as a school building leader by acting with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner to support school policies and assurance of equitable practices, while supporting and communicating democratic values, equity, and diversity in order to ensure the success of all learners
- Apply knowledge as a school building leader by using laws, policies and leadership platforms to advocate for all students and families, and act to influence policy makers in order to ensure the success of all learners
- Educator (Informal)
- School Librarian
- School Counselor
- Curriculum Designer
- School Administrator