Counseling and Graduate Education Programs
Take the step to learn more and teach more.
With a graduate degree in education, you’ll become the master educator that your students need and deserve.
M.S.Ed. in Secondary Education
Bolster your education knowledge with a master’s degree. In the process, you’ll become a better teacher—allowing you to influence and forge better students.
- Immersive field experiences
- The ability to build a network of numerous references
- Support from the entire Mastodon community
- An understanding of students from diverse backgrounds with unique learning styles
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Renew their commitment to teaching toward a carefully considered vision of schools and society
- Cultivate supportive learning communities in their classrooms through disciplined inquiry into themselves, their students, and the relationships among them
- Plan and embark on a research project that offers insight into life and learning in their classrooms
- Design traditional and authentic classroom assessment tools, and utilize data from these and standardized tests to plan effective instruction for their students
- Adjust their learning environments, curriculum, instruction, and assessments to facilitate maximum learning for all their students, including those with special needs
- Develop specialized expertise in one or more content areas or education subdisciplines in order to strengthen their instructional practice and teacher leadership
- Educator (informal)
- School Librarian
- School Counselor
- Curriculum Designer
- School Administrator