Communication is key.
Communication makes the world go round. Think about it. From writing an A+ paper to texting friends—it all requires communication. So why not become a pro?
M.A. in Professional Communication
It takes superior communicators to move the world. With a master of arts in professional communication, you’ll build on your undergraduate studies by developing a solid framework of the theory and research of human communication. Sounds deep, huh? It is. You probably have a good idea of your personal and career goals by now, well, this degree will allow you to craft a program of study around those by offering a diverse array of courses and specializations.
- The development of problem-solving skills
- The ability to research and analyze information
- An enhanced understanding of argumentation and writing
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Articulate the historical traditions of the discipline
- Demonstrate an awareness and skillful use of the use of new technologies relevant to their major
- Explain communication concepts and theories relevant to the major
- Explain, evaluate, and apply the processes involved in productive conflict in the contexts (interpersonal, small group, organizational, mediated, and public) relevant to their major
- Demonstrate awareness of diverse perspectives
- Read, speak, write, and listen competently
- Demonstrate the ability to be critically engaged citizens
- Communication and Diversity Trainer
- Communications Director
- Elected Official
- Film Producer
- Human Resources Professional
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Professional
- Social Media Manager