Communication is key.
Communication makes the world go round. Think about it. From writing an A+ paper to texting friends—it all requires communication. So why not become a pro?
B.A. in Communication: Media and Culture
It takes understanding to make changes that matter. With the bachelor of arts in communication with a media and culture concentration, you’ll learn the history and practices of media and the media industry, from local to global levels.
- The development of problem-solving skills
- The ability to research and analyze information
- An enhanced understanding of argumentation and writing
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Identify and analyze both the history and practice of media industries
- Identify and analyze relations between media, culture, and society
- Apply theoretical concepts to critically analyze media content and their relationships to audiences
- Identify and analyze the form, structure, and techniques of mediated messages and consider how they function across local and global contexts
- Communication and Diversity Trainer
- Communications Director
- Elected Official
- Film Producer
- Human Resources Professional
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Professional
- Social Media Manager