This is where musicians become everything they’ve dreamed.
Our degrees and minors span all realms of music, from education to performance to therapy.
- Perform as a soloist or collaborating musician
- A prestigious Purdue education
Programs offered by the department are fully accredited and under review by the National Association of Schools of Music.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this minor, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of music theory sufficient to analyze basic musical forms and structures and to relate theoretical concepts to sound
- Develop basic performance ability as ensemble members or soloists
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history and literature of at least one era or style of music, including its social, political, and cultural contexts
- Music Producer
- Professional Performer
- Session Musician
- Sound Designer