This is where musicians become everything they’ve dreamed.
Our degrees and minors span all realms of music, from education to performance to therapy.
- Creation, performance, and production of original music
- Perform, with a high level of artistry, as a soloist and collaborating musician
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue education
Programs offered by the department are fully accredited and under review by the National Association of Schools of Music.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this minor, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of jazz music theory sufficient to analyze musical forms, structures, and styles; to create within basic musical structures; and to relate theoretical concepts to sound
- Demonstrate performance ability as jazz ensemble members, as conductors, and as soloists on both a primary instrument and/or a secondary instrument in this idiom
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history and literature of jazz music, with an understanding of the social, political and cultural impacts which shaped its development
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing appropriate technology to notate and create music, to investigate and report scholarly research, and to support the specific demands of their area of focused study
- Music Producer
- Professional Performer
- Session Musician
- Sound Designer