This is where musicians become everything they’ve dreamed.
Our degrees and minors span all realms of music, from education to performance to therapy.
B.S.M. in Music Industry
As a student pursuing the bachelor of science in music with a major in music industry, you’ll learn the ins and outs of the multibillion-dollar music and entertainment industry—and earn a minor in business along the way. From business practices to copyright laws to contracts to marketing and management, you’ll graduate prepared for a variety of careers in music. You’ll also get to take advantage of the strong partnership between the School of Music and Sweetwater.
- Interaction with leaders in the music industry
- Real-world experience with the Gold Top Music Group
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Purdue University Fort Wayne is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music and the American Music Therapy Association.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Knowledge of popular music styles with an understanding of the social, political and cultural impacts that shaped musical development
- Proficiency in utilizing appropriate technology to notate and create music, to investigate and report scholarly research, and to support the specific demands of their professional degrees
- An understanding of the legal problems and issues associated with the music industry, including case studies, modern/emerging business models and music licensing
- Application of working knowledge of music event production and the functions and operation of the music publishing industry
- An understanding of marketing products in the music industry including online, distribution, advertising and promotion
- Practices and techniques for self-marketing and promoting the “independent” musical artist or group in order to succeed in the current music industry
- Arts Administrator
- Professional Performer