This is where musicians become everything they’ve dreamed.
Our degrees and minors span all realms of music, from education to performance to therapy.
Music Industry Minor
The music industry minor will help prepare you to take on roles revolving around the business of music. From publishing to marketing and promotion to legal issues to finances to management, this minor will help shape you into the music business leader you’ve always wanted to be.
- Learn about the business behind the music
- A prestigious Purdue education
Purdue University Fort Wayne is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music and the American Music Therapy Association.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this minor, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- An understanding of the legal problems and issues associated with the music industry, including case studies, modern/emerging business models, and music licensing
- The ability to apply working knowledge of music event production and the functions and operation of the music publishing industry
- An understanding of marketing products in the music industry, including online, distribution, advertising, and promotion
- Practices and techniques for self-marketing and promoting the independent musical artist or group in order to succeed in the current music industry
- Music Producer
- Professional Performer
- Session Musician
- Sound Designer