Mathematical Sciences Programs
It all adds up to creating the future you want.
Numbers are kind of your thing, and we get that. We’re here to help you take what you love and turn it into a rewarding career.
M.S. in Mathematics
Whether your career requires significant proficiency in mathematics, your goal is to earn a doctoral degree, or you want to earn a Higher Learning Commission certification as a secondary-education teacher, a master of science degree in mathematics can get you where you want to be.
- Top-notch problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Experience with quantitative reasoning
- The ability to construct logical arguments
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Master fundamental concepts across core areas in the mathematical sciences, with emphasis on at least one area, including analysis, linear algebra, and applied statistics
- Develop expertise in reading, analyzing, and constructing mathematical and statistical arguments
- Ability to solve problems, use, and interpret appropriate models, and identify limitations of models
- Ability to effectively communicate technical mathematics and statistics, orally and in writing, at a level appropriate to the intended audience
- Have command of current software and technological resources useful in math and statistics, with a breadth of knowledge helpful in mastering future resources
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Financial Manager
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Analyst
- Math Teacher