Mathematical Sciences Programs
It all adds up to creating the future you want.
Numbers are kind of your thing, and we get that. We're here to help you take what you love and turn it into a rewarding career.
B.S.A.S. in Actuarial Science
The future is full of uncertainty and risk—but not yours. You love challenges, problem-solving, and numbers, which is why a degree in actuarial science is the perfect low-risk choice for you. Actuaries manage risk and uncertainty by using quantitative methods as they practice skills in math, statistics, and finance. Actuaries are also highly
sought-after in a number of industries.
- Top-notch problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Experience with quantitative reasoning
- The ability to construct logical arguments
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Have sufficient preparation in calculus, linear algebra, probability, statistics, financial mathematics, and financial economics to pass the preliminary actuarial science examinations (P, FM, IFM)
- Obtain Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) credit from the Society of Actuaries in Economics, Accounting and Finance, and Mathematical Statistics
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Financial Manager
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Analyst
- Math Teacher