Mathematical Sciences Programs
It all adds up to creating the future you want.
Numbers are kind of your thing, and we get that. We're here to help you take what you love and turn it into a rewarding career.
B.S.D.S.A.S. in Data Science and Applied Statistics
Data makes the world go around. If you love data and want to pursue a career that involves analyzing, extracting, and interpreting all things data, you’ll probably be interested in the bachelor of science in data science and applied statistics. So go ahead. Indulge in the data you know you love.
- Top-notch problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Experience with quantitative reasoning
- The ability to construct logical arguments
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Data preparation and management
- Programming skills
- Statistical thinking and learning
- Model building and assessment
- The underlying mathematical foundations associated with the areas listed above
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Analyst
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Machine Learning Specialist