Skip to main content
Students walking and discussing their class notes.
Default Hero Image

Don’t Settle for Ordinary

When an ordinary, single specialization won’t do for you, consider an Integrated Studies program. Flexible. Customized. Focused. Our programs open the door to a future that you design. A specific degree for your specific purpose. Select from courses offered through all departments—on campus and online—as you craft a degree program to meet your goals and interests, and career plans.


Make Your Own Path

Integrated Studies offers two distinct programs designed to let you tailor an education that’s perfect for you and your goals. Go ahead. Jump in and see what kind of amazing degree program you can put together for yourself.

Accent texture
Professor lecturing.


It takes skilled, passionate faculty to help you get to where you’re going.

You’ll learn from experts who are dedicated to your success. It’s your pathway, your area of interest, but our professors will help prepare you for the next level, whether it’s graduate school or a dream career.


You have questions. We have answers. 

Many students choose the Integrated Studies path. Let us help you decide if it’s right for you.

What is an academic residency requirement?
Our academic residency requirement is 32 credit hours for the B.G.S. or B.A.S. programs. It outlines the number of credits you must take at an institution to receive a degree, whether online or in person. Thirty of these credits must be at the 200 level or above. Classes at 300 level can be transferred in and applied to your degree.

Where can I get more information about financial aid and scholarships?
You will need to apply for federal and state financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Purdue Fort Wayne’s school code is 001828.

Take a look at your scholarship options.

See Scholarships

What does accreditation mean, and why is it important?
An accredited school has gone through a rigorous check by an authority on education to make sure that the school meets the required standards and is qualified to teach students the programs they are offering. This helps students determine acceptable institutions for enrollment and assists institutions in determining acceptability of transfer credits.

Who can I contact if I would like more information or to set up a visit?
Beth Carlin, online recruiter. Contact her at [email protected] or 260-240-0256. You can also schedule a web conference.

Do recruiters ever come to my campus?
Yes. Recruiters typically make campus visits, but during the pandemic, these are online visits.

What is an articulation agreement, and how does it help me?
An articulation agreement is an official partnership between colleges and universities that outlines how credits toward a degree will be recognized and applied toward general education, major, and elective requirements.

These formal transfer guides between colleges and universities guarantee that if you follow a specific program of study, your courses will transfer and count toward your major. Using these agreements as guides will take away the guesswork.

When do I register for my first semester of classes at Purdue Fort Wayne?
Once you have been admitted to Purdue Fort Wayne, you will receive an email to accept your admission. Following your acceptance, a student success coach will send a message to you through your Purdue Fort Wayne email address. Be sure to set this up right after you accept your admission so that you can take the necessary steps to enroll in classes. Registration periods are determined by semester, and you will need to register for classes with an academic advisor.

What is the difference between the associate in arts (A.A.), associate in science (A.S.), and associate in applied science (A.A.S.)?
Associate of Arts (A.A.)
The credits from an A.A. degree are designed to transfer to a four-year school. The A.A. is best for those planning to pursue four-year majors that fall under liberal arts (such as art, art history, psychology, history, English, philosophy, and theater).

Associate of Science (A.S.)
Like the A.A., the credits from an A.S. degree are designed to transfer to a four-year school. It is best to choose the A.S. if you plan to major in a science, like math or astronomy, biology, chemistry, or physics.

Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
The A.A.S. is a career/technical degree that will prepare you to enter skilled occupations such as nursing, accounting, machining, computer networking, and welding.

Is it necessary to finish my associate degree before transferring to Purdue Fort Wayne?
For the general studies program, no. For the bachelor of applied science program, you must have completed your A.A.S. degree to transfer into our program.

What is considered an official transcript, and do I have to submit an official transcript from every college or university I have attended?
An official transcript is one that is sent directly from your previous institution to Purdue Fort Wayne’s Office of Admissions. You can send it to [email protected]. You can also mail it:

Purdue University Fort Wayne
Office of Admissions
2101 East Coliseum Boulevard
Fort Wayne, IN 46805

Yes, even if you enrolled but withdrew or only received credit for one class, you have to request official transcripts to be mailed to Purdue Fort Wayne from every college or university you previously attended.

What makes up a bachelor’s degree?
A minimum of 32 hours of residential credits, at the 200 level or greater, must be earned at Purdue Fort Wayne.

If I apply for the B.A.S., what areas of study can I focus on?
You can take any one of the following nine concentrations (no matter what your A.A.S. focused on):

  • Business specialty
  • Construction management
  • Early childhood education
  • Human services
  • Industrial engineering technology
  • Information systems
  • Information technology
  • Interdisciplinary
  • Leadership and supervision

All these concentrations are available on campus and fully online.

How many credit hours will transfer? Does my GPA from my previous college transfer?
An unofficial credit evaluation can be done at any time during the application process. After admission, an official transfer credit evaluation will be completed by the Office of the Registrar. We will accept up to 88 college credits from schools that are regionally accredited, with a completion grade of C− or better.

No, your transfer GPA does not calculate into your Purdue Fort Wayne GPA.

If I graduated more than 10 years ago, can I still transfer? Will D or F grades transfer?
For both the B.G.S. and B.A.S. programs, you can transfer dated credits.

No, only grades of C− or better will transfer.

How and when do I apply for transfer admission? Do I need to submit official ACT/SAT scores as a transfer student?
You can apply for transfer admission by filling out the online transfer application at

Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to submit your application and credentials before the start of the semester. The sooner you apply for admission the easier the transfer process will be.

We are an SAT/ACT-test-optional school. That being noted, be aware that those scores are used for many scholarships and financial awards.

Can I change majors?
If you are accepted into either program (general studies or applied science), you can change majors, but a transfer credit review will be redone by the new major department and many of your credits may not be applicable (especially from the A.A.S. degree).

Contact us

Have questions?


Contact Integrated Studies at [email protected].