Enlighten yourself to the wonders of human behavior.
Your curiosity combined with your eagerness to understand will take you far. We’re just here to help you turn what you already love into a rewarding and fulfilling career.
LGBT Studies Certificate
If you seek to gain knowledge of issues relevant to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals; recognize harassment and discrimination based on sexual orientation; develop citizenship skills and knowledge of LGBTQ+ resources in the community; and investigate company policies and organizational cultures to determine attitudes toward LGBTQ+ employees, then this certificate is for you.
- The development of critical-thinking, research, and evaluation skills
- Experience with data analysis, interpretation, and abstract reasoning
- The acquisition of behavior-change skills
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue education
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of issues relevant to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals and communicate this knowledge effectively to others
- Identify and apply the methods of inquiry for the disciplines that examine issues relevant to LGBT individuals and use those methods to evaluate information about LGBT individuals and other issues pertinent to sexual orientation and sexual identity
- Recognize harassment and discrimination based on sexual orientation, and identify appropriate legal resources used to assist victims of such harassment or discrimination
- Develop citizenship skills and knowledge of LGBT resources in the community
- Investigate companies’ policies and organizational cultures to determine attitudes toward LGBT employees
- Behavior Technician
- Clinical Psychologist
- Drug and Alcohol Counselor
- Human Resources Manager
- Juvenile Detention Worker
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Medical Doctor
- Mental Health Assistant
- Occupational Therapist