Enlighten yourself to the wonders of human behavior.
Your curiosity combined with your eagerness to understand will take you far. We’re just here to help you turn what you already love into a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Behavior Analysis and Techniques Certificate
Behavior analysts and technicians apply research-based principles to increase functional behavior in various groups, such as children with autism spectrum disorders. This certificate will train you in the theory behind applied behavior analysis and offers hands-on experience that will help prepare you to enter this fast-growing field.
- Development of critical-thinking, research, and evaluation skills
- Experience with data analysis, interpretation, and abstract reasoning
- Acquisition of behavior-change skills
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue education
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Acquired knowledge about human development, principles of behavior change, behavioral disorders, and ethical issues related to the field of behavior analysis
- Applied behavioral intervention skills in a supervised setting where such services are provide
- Prepared for employment as a behavior technician
- Animal Behavior Consultant
- Applied Behavior Analyst
- Mental Health Counselor
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Special Education Teacher
- Sports Psychologist
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Wellness Coach