Art and Design Programs
Combine your creative interests with our support to achieve your educational goals.
Whether you aspire to be an artist, a designer, or an educator, we can provide an engaging educational experience to enhance your academic success.
B.F.A. in Graphic Design
This bachelor of fine arts program is for artists and designers interested in pursuing a professional education in design. The program provides an in-depth formal education with high-level studio experience that will allow you to develop your creativity for entry into professional practice or graduate school. You will benefit from working with our accomplished studio faculty as well as our partnerships with Fort Wayne design firms. To pursue this B.F.A., you must start in the B.A. program and then apply for entrance into the B.F.A.
- Acquire technical and conceptual mastery in your chosen concentration
- Attain self-discipline and time-management skills for professional success
- Create a body of work in area of specialization
Purdue University Fort Wayne is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Utilize research data, perceptual and conceptual skills to solve programs creatively in graphic design media
- Implement 2D and 3D design principles to create compelling and effective works of design in a variety of traditional and digital media
- Demonstrate an understanding and competency of technical skills in traditional and digital design media to effectively communicate and express ideas
- Effectively analyze and critique works of design in verbal and written forms, using visual vocabulary and familiarity with the works and intentions of major designers and movements of the past and present
- Demonstrate effective visual, verbal, and written communication skills and an aptitude to apply those skills
- Apply functional knowledge of design practices and opportunities, as well as professional ethics to enhance the effectiveness of design solutions
- Exhibit general design competencies in portfolio review submissions and senior thesis exhibitions
- Utilize research and apply data on a set demographic to ensure a successful resolution to the design problem
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of design production processes
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Interactive Media Designer
- Print Designer
- 3D Designer