Art and Design Programs
Combine your creative interests with our support to achieve your educational goals.
Whether you aspire to be an artist, a designer, or an educator, we can provide an engaging educational experience to enhance your academic success.
B.A. in Art
The bachelor of arts in art is a liberal arts degree that offers a breadth of experience and understanding in art. You’ll also have room to explore disciplines outside the major, such as psychology, business, and languages for careers in art therapy, arts administration, and international studies, as well as establish independent professional art careers.
- Develop visual sensitivity
- Acquire technical skills and perceptual understanding
- Gain understanding and knowledge of history, theory, and criticism
- Combine your art and design study with disciplines outside the major
Purdue University Fort Wayne is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Utilize perceptual and conceptual skills to solve programs creatively in art/design media
- Implement 2D and 3D design principles to create compelling and effective works of art and design in a variety of traditional and digital media
- Demonstrate an understanding and competency of technical skills in traditional and digital art/design media to effectively communicate and express ideas
- Effectively analyze and critique works of art/design in verbal and written forms, using visual vocabulary and familiarity with the works and intentions of of major artists/designers and movements of the past and present
- Demonstrate effective visual, verbal, and written communication skills and an aptitude to apply those skills
- Apply functional knowledge of basic art and design practical experiences and opportunities, as well as professional ethics
- Exhibit artistic ability in portfolio review submissions and senior gallery exhibitions
- Archive Management
- Art Director
- Exhibit Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Museum or Gallery Administrator
- Museum or Gallery Collections Manager
- Public Relations Specialist (for Museums and Galleries)