Art and Design Programs
Combine your creative interests with our support to achieve your educational goals.
Whether you aspire to be an artist, a designer, or an educator, we can provide an engaging educational experience to enhance your academic success.
Art and Design Minor
This minor is for students majoring outside art and design and who desire the opportunity to learn about the creative process. Critical thinking, creativity, and the ability to communicate visually are all essential skills in today’s world.
- Explore traditional and digital media
- Cultivate your creativity
- Acquire essential skills in visual communication
- Combine your art and design study with disciplines outside the major
Purdue University Fort Wayne is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this minor, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate creative ways to solve problems in art and design media, show knowledge in their chosen area of concentration, and competency in drawing to visualize ideas
- Demonstrate an ability to enhance their artwork through an understanding of the techniques and skills within their chosen area of concentration
- Analyze and critique artwork in spoken and written forms
- Implement 2D design principles to create compelling and effective artwork in a variety of media, including black-and-white, color, and digital imagery
- Implement 3D design principles to create compelling and effective artwork in a variety of media, depending on the student’s choice of studio electives
- Demonstrate fundamental visual literacy skills and gain an aptitude in applying those skills, leading to a heightened ability to communicate to a given audience
- Arts Administrator
- Marketing Coordinator