Political Science Programs
Take your fascination with systems of power to the next level.
In addition to helping you become a better-informed citizen, the skills you’ll learn through our programs are essential to many different careers—and will open more doors than you can imagine.
B.A. in Economics
Yet another system of power we encounter in our everyday lives is economics, which is the study of the rational allocation of scarce resources. As you pursue this major, you’ll develop critical skills that will help you understand and solve problems. You’ll also gain valuable analytical abilities that you can apply in the business world and many other disciplines, such as law and social work.
Purdue Fort Wayne also offers a bachelor of science in business in economics, which is offered through the Doermer School of Business.
- A better understanding of personal ethics
- The development of analytical, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Explain economic behavior in a variety of settings using economic concepts and theories
- Develop critical analysis skills to assist with solving problems in a variety of circumstances
- Develop the ability to employ basic statistical and econometric methods in the analysis of economic data
- Business Leader
- Communications Coordinator
- Government Affairs Director
- Policy Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Public Relations Specialist