Economics and Finance Programs
The flexibility of an economics and finance education.
No aspect of the business world is untouched by economics and finance. Find your place in this world with the help of the Department of Economics and Finance.
B.S.B. in Business Economics
Learn how businesses operate in different economic environments. Explore the relationships among microeconomic and macroeconomic conditions, private-sector decision making, and government programs. Study economic problems and their alternative solutions.
Purdue Fort Wayne also offers a bachelor of arts degree in economics through our Department of Political Science.
- An AASCB-accredited program
- A rigorous curriculum
- Research-project opportunities
- Support from the entire Mastodon community
- Business-networking opportunities
- A prestigious Purdue degree
The bachelor of science in business (B.S.B.) program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which provides a voluntary mechanism of quality control. AACSB is the most prestigious business accrediting body in the nation. Only about one-quarter of all business schools in the nation possess this distinction.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Integrate fundamental principles of business theory and practice
- Solve problems by modeling, analyzing data (qualitative and numeric), and using critical-thinking skills
- Understand the global and cultural implications of business decisions
- Understand ethical considerations in business decisions
- Understand the relationship between the community and business
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills
- Be prepared for lifelong learning in a dynamic environment
- Civil Servant
- Data Analyst
- Economic Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Banker
- Policy Maker
- Research Economist