Physics—where innovation and understanding become a unified front.
Did you know that physicists developed the underlying technology for cell phones, computers, and tablets? They also created the image sensors used in cameras, magnetic storage in hard drives, the MRI—the list goes on, but you get the picture.
B.S. in Physics: Biomedical Physics
The biomedical concentration in physics provides hands-on experience and research opportunities using a variety of medical equipment. You’ll have fantastic educational opportunities, and you’ll develop important thinking and technical skills that will benefit you throughout your career.
- Development of analytical-thinking and research skills
- Experience with circuit design, field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and microcontrollers for instrumentation development
- Understanding of the importance of experimentation and data analysis
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Ability to meet entrance prerequisites for medical school
- Move to the study of medical physics
- Prepare for the study of biophysics
- Photonics Reliability Manager
- Semiconductor Laser Scientist
- Technical Product Engineer
- Test Engineer