COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
We’re in the business of developing the scientific minds of tomorrow.
Through our teaching, research,
faculty-student partnerships, and collaborations within and between disciplines—and by drawing upon the multiple perspectives of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds—the College of Science is dedicated to instilling students with the knowledge of the scientific process, and understanding nature and human behavior.
What we stand for.
The College of Science emphasizes learning how science is performed and contributes to our understanding of nature and human behavior. We do so through our teaching, research, faculty-student partnerships, and collaborations within and between disciplines—and by drawing upon the multiple perspectives of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds. We prepare our students with the analytical skills that will serve them broadly in their future careers and lives.
The college strives to foster scientific learning, discovery, and innovation that will advance knowledge, address real-world problems, and communicate scientific findings and their value to the public, as reflected in the following learning objectives for our students:
- Develop a research question and analyze evidence to draw conclusions
- Locate and critically evaluate scientific information
- Explain scientific topics in written and oral communication for a variety of audiences, including the public
- Advance their understanding of the critical role of diversity and inclusive excellence in the sciences
- Advance their understanding of ethical standards in the sciences
Centers of Excellence
Today’s knowledge leads to tomorrow’s discoveries.
The College of Science is brimming with opportunities. Take advantage of all we offer to create the educational experience you want and to explore what’s possible.