Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is one of the best, easiest, and fastest ways to get money for college. The FAFSA is used to apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships. In addition, colleges, universities, and other scholarship organizations might use your application to determine your eligibility for other aid.
The government takes the information that you provide on this form and uses a formula established by law to calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)—a measure of your family's financial strength. It takes into account your family's taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits, such as unemployment or Social Security.
Here are reasons you should complete the FAFSA:
- It’s free. The application doesn't cost you anything to complete.
- It’s easy. The application can be accessed online and has been simplified over the past few years.
- It’s fast. Results show that it takes most students only about 23 minutes to complete.
- It’s worth it. More people qualify for federal student aid than you think. Do not leave money on the table by not applying.
- It may be required. Many states, schools, and private scholarships require you to submit the FAFSA before they will consider you for any financial aid.
Our FAFSA school code is 001828
When you complete your FAFSA online, the system will ask you to enter code numbers of schools that should receive your financial information. To apply for Purdue Fort Wayne scholarship and grant programs, put in school code 001828.
FAFSA completion nights
Join us at one of the FAFSA completion nights. Visit the sign-up page for more information.