Teacher Education Programs
It takes a well-trained teacher to make a positive impact on students.
Looking for the knowledge and expertise that will build the foundation for a fulfilling career? Teacher education is your place to start.
- A program accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- A rigorous curriculum
- Support from the entire Mastodon community
- Student-teaching opportunities beyond northeast Indiana
- A prestigious Purdue education
The School of Education is accredited through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation). In addition, all science programs are nationally recognized as high-quality programs through the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA). Because of these statuses, students who meet specified requirements are eligible for a teaching license in the state of Indiana. Indiana holds reciprocal licensing agreements with other states.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this certification, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Become more caring, humane and functional citizens in a global, multicultural, democratic society
- Improve the human condition by creating positive learning environments
- Become change agents by demonstrating reflective professional practice
- Solve client problems through clear, creative analysis
- Assess client performance, creating and executing effective teaching, counseling, and educational leadership by utilizing a variety of methodologies reflecting current related research
- Utilize interdisciplinary scholarship, demonstrating technology and critical literacies and effectively communicating with all stakeholders
- Educator (informal)
- School Librarian
- School Counselor
- Curriculum Designer
- School Administrator