Computer Science Programs
Making the impossible possible—computer scientists thrive on it.
Whether you’re pursuing a path in computer science or information systems, you’ll learn how to innovate and apply technology to solve the problems of today and tomorrow.
Information Systems Minor
If you’re interested in understanding fundamental principles of information systems, such as designing, developing, and managing software for business or organization systems, then you’ll probably be interested in this minor.
- The development of problem-solving, computer-programming, and project-management skills
- Experience with discreet mathematics and data structures
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue education
The program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this minor, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline
- Support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Game Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Information Technology Architect
- IT Project Manager
- Mobile Application Developer
- Software Engineer
- System Administrator
- Web Developer