Computer Science Programs
Making the impossible possible—computer scientists thrive on it.
Whether you’re pursuing a path in computer science or information systems, you’ll learn how to innovate and apply technology to solve the problems of today and tomorrow.
B.A. in Computer Science
Become a frontline warrior in the battle against cybercriminals. Specialize in cryptology. Tackle a career as an ethical hacker. Take your love of video games to the next level by becoming a game developer. Add “AI expert” to your résumé. You can do all this with a degree in computer science.
- The development of problem-solving, computer-programming, and project-management skills
- Experience with information and cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and big data and cloud computing
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline
- Apply computer science theory and software-development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Information Security Analyst
- Information Technology Architect
- Mobile Application Developer
- Software Engineer
- Web Developer