Chemistry and Biochemistry Programs
It takes someone who understands how much matter matters.
Whether you’re looking for a bachelor’s degree, minor, or certificate, the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has a program to satisfy your chemistry cravings.
B.S. in Chemistry
Lab techniques, inorganic and organic chemistry, analytical and physical chemistry—it’s all right here. The bachelor of science in chemistry is the way to go if you want a more general science degree that allows for lots of variety in career and postgraduate opportunities.
- The acquisition of scientific and technical knowledge
- The development of analysis and problem-solving skills
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Analyze, synthesize, and comprehend experimental and computational data describing the physical universe
- Learn precise measuring techniques as well as careful and meticulous record keeping
- Be proficient in fundamental organic synthetic methods
- Develop independent problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment on complex chemical systems
- Learn basic tools and concepts for efficient use of chemical literature, including multiple computerized databases
- Ability to analyze sources for relevance and authority and to learn how scientific writings are constructed according to style
- Crime Lab Analyst
- Environmental Engineer
- Forensic Chemist
- High School Teacher
- Medical Doctor
- Museum Conservator
- Patent Agent
- Quality Control Specialist
- Water Scientist