Chemistry and Biochemistry Programs
It takes someone who understands how much matter matters.
Whether you’re looking for a bachelor’s degree, minor, or certificate, the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has a program to satisfy your chemistry cravings.
B.S. in Biochemistry
It takes curious chemists like you to improve the world. The bachelor of science in biochemistry is perfect if you’re looking to pursue a degree in medicine or dentistry. This program also lends itself to pairing well with other fields of study to support careers in biochemistry, forensic chemistry, and pharmacology.
- The acquisition of scientific and technical knowledge
- The development of analysis and problem-solving skills
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for the biochemistry profession
- Ability to use their biochemistry knowledge to make sound decisions and solve problems in their discipline while demonstrating skills for lifelong learning
- Ability to exhibit high levels of personal integrity and professional ethics in their undergraduate careers
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed to be responsible and productive in various community settings
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills through both qualitative and quantitative problem-solving
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication of biochemical principles
- Crime Lab Analyst
- Environmental Engineer
- Forensic Chemist
- High School Teacher
- Medical Doctor
- Museum Conservator
- Patent Agent
- Quality Control Specialist
- Water Scientist