Economics and Finance Programs
The flexibility of an economics and finance education.
No aspect of the business world is untouched by economics and finance. Find your place in this world with the help of the Department of Economics and Finance.
B.S.B. in Finance
This is where theory and practice meet. Your coursework will give you the strong foundation you need to apply your knowledge to real-world situations. You’ll learn about corporate finance, investments, and international finance—all leading to your world-recognized Purdue degree.
- An AASCB-accredited program
- A rigorous curriculum
- Research-project opportunities
- Support from the entire Mastodon community
- Business-networking opportunities
- A prestigious Purdue degree
The bachelor of science in business (B.S.B.) program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which provides a voluntary mechanism of quality control. AACSB is the most prestigious business accrediting body in the nation. Only about one-quarter of all business schools in the nation possess this distinction.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Integrate fundamental principles of business theory and practice
- Solve problems by modeling, analyzing data (qualitative and numeric), and using critical-thinking skills
- Understand the global and cultural implications of business decisions
- Understand ethical considerations in business decisions
- Understand the relationship between the community and business
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills
- Be prepared for lifelong learning in a dynamic environment
- Data Analyst
- Economic Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Banker
- Research Economist