General Studies Programs
You have the power to create the future you want.
You aren’t looking for an ordinary one-size-fits-all approach to education, one with a strictly prescribed curriculum. You want what works for you, and you can do that here.
- The development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Make use of their knowledge in written and oral communication by writing and speaking precisely, clearly, and persuasively
- Formulate arguments in a variety of contexts
- Assess their own arguments and compare and evaluate them with the arguments of others
- Compare the nature and diversity of individuals, organizations, cultures, and societies
- Distinguish that different scholarly disciplines require different types of evidence
- Gather, evaluate, select, organize, and synthesize material in order to complete a research or creative project
- Combine the knowledge gained across interdisciplinary boundaries
- Brand Manager
- Business Analyst
- Community Health Worker
- Corrections Officer
- Executive Assistant
- General Manager
- International Sales Manager
- IT Technician
- Loan Officer
- Public Relations Director
- Research Assistant
- Risk Management Specialist
- Sales Representative
- Social Worker
- Software Consultant
- Teacher Assistant