ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING PROGRAMS
It takes an innovative engineer to solve complex technical problems.
Our engineering programs are ABET accredited and prepare students to tackle the toughest engineering problems with the latest cutting-edge solutions.
B.S.Cmp.E. in Computer Engineering
Computer engineers are masters in the design and development of embedded computers used in aircrafts, cars, communication switching systems, biomedical instruments, industrial robots, and household appliances. We’re already heavily dependent on our computers and other similar devices, but this dependency is only going to grow as more and more everyday items come online—so we need more engineers to innovate and build solutions that improve our lives.
You’re encouraged to explore the possibility of a dual major in this and electrical engineering.
- The ability to identify, formulate, and solve computer-engineering problems
- Experience with designing, computer systems, components, and processes
- The ability to apply knowledge in math, science, and engineering
- Support from the Mastodon community
- A prestigious Purdue degree
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Looking for ways to make paying for college a little easier? ScholarshipUniverse is a tool for current and admitted Purdue Fort Wayne students that allows you to create an academic profile and connect with scholarship opportunities.
For more information about all the scholarships available at Purdue Fort Wayne—including opportunities for specific programs—you can visit the Office of Financial Aid or contact us at [email protected].
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies
- Advanced Automation and Robotic Systems Engineer
- Computer Application Engineer
- Computer Network Architect
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer User Support Specialist
- Embedded Systems Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Test Engineer