University Wind Band Association
Have an affinity for wind or percussion instruments? Get together with like-minded students and have fun performing with the University Wind Band Association.
Purpose and Goals
- Help students get or maintain a positive image of wind and percussion music
- Promote and support an interaction between the student body and the wind and percussion music faculty for the purpose of effective communication
- Foster and promote wind and percussion instrumental performance that provides an outlet for the creative and artistic needs of the student body participants
- Foster and promote the finest types of wind and percussion music to make these experiences possible
- Foster and encourage rehearsal procedures conducive to attaining the highest level possible in musicianship and artistic performance
- Foster and promote the intelligent understanding of wind and percussion music as an important medium of artistic expression
- Organize performance tours to promote the Purdue Fort Wayne wind and percussion program on both national and regional levels
- Raise funds through various enterprises to support performance projects, scholarships, and other musical activities
- Work with local interested community members and high school band directors and students through a variety of performance and clinics
Membership Requirements and Obligations
- Membership is open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students who, because of their serious interest in the improvement of wind and percussion music, have chosen to become members of the BSO. Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Items 3 and 4.
- Each member is required to attend all regularly scheduled meetings in order to maintain membership.
- Meetings are mandatory for all members except in case of emergency or with the prior approval of the president. Member will be notified after two absences. After three absences, member will lose membership privileges until the end of the semester.
- No dues are collected to become or remain a member.
Monika Stidham, President Monika Stidham, President
President Email email@example.com
Katherine Fitzgerald, Vice President Katherine Fitzgerald, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zachary Brown, Secretary Zachary Brown, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Carter Vernon, Treasurer Carter Vernon, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org