Society of Women Engineers
Learn about the Society of Women Engineers, a student organization that focuses on providing support and encouragement for women engineers at Purdue Fort Wayne.
Purpose and Goals
The purpose to the Society of Women Engineers is to further the objectives of the organization as stated in the society bylaws.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne, and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- National membership shall be encouraged for all interested students currently pursuing an undergraduate course of study in engineering, or a field related to engineering, and who are carrying at least half the course load required of a full-time student in an ABET-accredited four-year curriculum of engineering technology at Purdue Fort Wayne; student members in good standing with the National Society of Women Engineers shall have the right to hold office and vote; all national business shall be governed by the Society of Women Engineers student-section bylaws.
- Local membership shall be open to all interested students who are currently enrolled in at least one 1 credit hour at Purdue Fort Wayne; however, they may not hold an office or vote on national business.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- No student section is permitted to level local dues.
Maitree Rakshit, President Maitree Rakshit, President
President Email [email protected]
Sidney Basham, Vice President Sidney Basham, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
Trusha Patel, Secretary Trusha Patel, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Samiya Qasmi, Treasurer Samiya Qasmi, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]