National Society of Professional Engineers
Purpose and Goals
- The overall purpose of the NSPE Student Chapter is to stimulate continued interest in and understanding of the professional dimensions of engineering and to guide students and especially graduating seniors in the steps required to reach professional status through licensure as a professional engineer.
- NSPE is a nontechnical professional society, so a student chapter’s programs are devoted mainly to nontechnical subjects (Nontechnical subjects, including but not limited to engineering ethics, engineering course preparation for the engineering fundamentals exam, the professional engineering registration process, and guidance from the engineering profession for both engineering and engineering technology students.) which complement the technical nature of the engineering profession.
- The NSPE Student Chapter shall be in compliance with all the requirements of the following organizations: NSPE Student Chapter Handbook found on the NSPE website, NSPE, Student Life and Leadership, and Student Government Association.
- The general nature of chapter meetings allows for other technical socities on campus to interface with the NSPE Student Chapter. The NSPE Student Chapter is meant to complement other student technical society activities on campus, not compete with them.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I. Qualification:
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization/university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II. Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne and who comply with the most current requirements of the NSPE Student Chapter Handbook on the NSPE website. Each voting member shall be required to join as a Purdue University Fort Wayne Student Chapter member and obtain a NSPE Student Membership ID through the NSPE website. The student member number along with other desirable identification information (including: first and last name, major, expected graduation date, email, and contact phone number.) shall be provided to the Secretary for establishment of each student’s chapter member record.
- Active voting members shall consist of all voting members who have not had two consecutive unexcused absences from the previous two regular organizational meetings. Excused and unexcused absences will be documented and monitored by the Secretary for meeting attendance records.
- Non-voting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, non-Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III. Financial Obligation
Currently no dues are established in this section.
Sara Xique, President Sara Xique, President
President Email [email protected]
Mireina Keith, Vice President Mireina Keith, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
Atira Davis, Secretary Atira Davis, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Marisol Macias Lara, Treasurer Marisol Macias Lara, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]