National Association for Music Education
Further improve your skills as a music educator with other students in the National Association for Music Education.
Purpose and Goals
- Make available to members opportunities for professional development
- Acquaint students with the privileges and responsibilities of the music education profession
- Provide to its
membersopportunities to become acquainted with leaders in the music education profession as gained from participation in programs and demonstrations, discussions, and performing groups planned by this chapter, the state music educators association and the National Association for Music Education
- Assist the school in various projects throughout the year.
- Provide opportunities for contact with the National Association for Music Education student members of other schools
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students who are interested in the teaching of music and may include a limited number of nonstudents.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne, and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Membership of Chapter
- Voting membership shall be open to all enrolled students currently enrolled at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Faculty, staff, alumni, or community members may come to meetings.
- Members are expected to participate in campus activities involving the National Association for Music Education.
- Any student member, upon complying with registration requirements, may attend the conventions of the National Association for Music Education—national and division, and federated state associations—with all rights and privileges of active membership except those of voting or holding office; any member may participate in activities carried on by the National Association for Music Education student-member chapter on the campus, and by the National Association for Music Education, its divisions, and federated state associations in connection with conventions and other meetings; the status of
activeand inactive member does not prevent members from participating in the above-mentioned activities.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- Dues may be levied in excess of national dues to help finance the activities of this chapter.
- Dues shall be $5 per semester or $10 for the academic school year.
Madison Kindler, President Madison Kindler, President
President Email [email protected]
Phoebe Tomac, Vice President Phoebe Tomac, Vice President
Vice President Email [email protected]
Faith Bradley, Secretary Faith Bradley, Secretary
Secretary Email [email protected]
Karter Bussard, Treasurer Karter Bussard, Treasurer
Treasurer Email [email protected]