Human Services Organization
Join the Human Service Organization to develop real-world skills. We host volunteer, networking, and guest-speaking events. Learn more about how to get involved.
Purpose and Goals
- Provide an opportunity for cooperation and communication among students and professionals working in the field of human services.
- Inform and provide all members with information concerning career development and placement in the human services field.
- Foster excellence in the study, research, presentation, and delivery of human services
- Encourage, support, and assist the development of local, state, and national organizations of human services
- Sponsor forums via conferences, lectures, institutes, and symposia that foster proactive approaches to meeting human-service needs.
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of non–Human Services students, not to exceed one-half of the total membership.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne, and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part 1 Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne; each voting member must maintain at least a 2.0 semester and/or cumulative GPA.
- Nonstudent membership may be held by faculty, staff, alumni, or community members; these members may not hold office, nor have voting privileges, and may not represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
Section III: Financial Obligation
A $5 membership fee will be required for individual active membership. This fee will be submitted at the time of application. The fee will provide each applicant active membership for a period of one year from the effective date of application approval.
Section IV: Application
An application for membership and membership fee will be submitted to the executive branch of the organization for approval.
Nicholas Bonar, President Nicholas Bonar, President
President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariah Shakoor, Vice President Mariah Shakoor, Vice President
Vice President Email email@example.com
Tiffany Seeler, Secretary Tiffany Seeler, Secretary
Secretary Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Harvey, Treasurer Stephanie Harvey, Treasurer
Treasurer Email email@example.com