Hospitality Management Association
Join the Hospitality Management Association to connect with the hospitality industry and to give back to our community. We host student projects, tours, career days, and internships.
Purpose and Goals
- Serve as a vehicle that will allow students to connect with the hospitality industry
- Provide volunteer opportunities to give back to the greater community
- Promote projects, including recruitment of new students, image building, and involvement with the university community
- Involvement with industry support programs, including, but not limited to, student and industry projects such as sales blitzes, familiarization tours, career days, and internships
- To make Hospitality and Tourism Management the best it can be by always bringing experience and knowledge back to the university
- Provide and increase internship possibilities for students in the Hospitality and Tourism Management program
Membership Requirements and Obligations
Section I: Qualifications
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all Purdue Fort Wayne students and may include a limited number of nonstudents, not to exceed 49 percent of the total membership.
- Fifty-one percent of the total membership must be currently enrolled students at Purdue Fort Wayne, and only those members may vote, hold office, and represent the organization or university in an official capacity.
- The minimum membership requirement is eight members.
- Membership and participation shall be free from discrimination and harassment per the policies of the Purdue Fort Wayne Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct as stated in Part I, Section A, Items 3 and 4.
Section II: Types of Membership
- Voting membership shall be open to all students currently enrolled at least 12 credit hours at Purdue Fort Wayne.
- Officer voting membership (voting new members into the Executive Branch of this association) shall be open to all enrolled Hospitality and Tourism Management students.
- Nonvoting memberships may be held by faculty, staff, alumni,
non–Purdue Fort Wayne students, or community members.
Section III: Financial Obligation
- All voting memberships dues will be collected on a yearly basis in the amount of $10.
- All nonvoting members are exempt from yearly dues.
- All nonvoting members seeking eligibility to attend planned trips or activities sponsored by this association will be required to submit yearly membership dues of $5.
- All dues are to be paid to the treasurer on or before the second monthly meeting of
firstsemester of the academic year; new-member dues are due upon the second meeting of their joining semester.
Alexis Tucker, President Alexis Tucker, President
President Email email@example.com
Delaney Huff, Vice President Delaney Huff, Vice President
Vice President Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Rattie, Secretary Kyle Rattie, Secretary
Secretary Email email@example.com
Tabitha Sliger, Treasurer Tabitha Sliger, Treasurer
Treasurer Email firstname.lastname@example.org